How to set up and complete taproom transfers
- The Transactions Access → Retail Transfers→ Access role is required to view existing taproom transfer sales.
- The Transactions Access → Retail Transfers → Create role is required to create and edit taproom transfer.
- The Transactions Access → Retail Transfers → Approve role is required to approve taproom transfer. Recommended for Key Admin only.
- The Transactions Access → Retail Transfers → Finalize role is required to finalize taproom transfer. Recommended for Key Admin only.
Prerequisites for Setting up
- Create a Tap Room warehouse. Set the warehouse-type to Retail.
- Create a Tap Room Business Partner. This will be your own company but will be where sales of taproom inventory are delivered. Add your own taproom licence number for reporting.
- Set an Outbound Retail Tax Rate. This is the tax that you must pay on the products being transferred. This may be a GST-only rate, or it may be Tax Exempt. In either case, at least one must be designated as an Outbound Retail Tax Rate.
- Ensure you set the Government price of Product SKUs to the price you pay, as well as the correct tax categories.
Creating a new Retail Transfer
- Click Add in the top left of the transfer table. Enter the required information.
- Date: The date that the transfer is taking place. You can also set this to a date in the past if the transfer had already occurred.
- Customer: This list will only show your customers that have been designated as Government customers.
- Select Source Warehouse
- Select Destination Warehouse
- Create Sales Order: If this is enabled, a sales order will be created for the selected customer when the taproom transfer document is finalized. This sales order is generated to document the buy-back of the packaged products.
- Add all the items you are transferring to this transfer document.
- Select the Product SKU you are transferring. The details for the Product SKU will be auto-populated for you but are editable if you choose to change them.
- Once you are finished selecting all the Product SKUs you would like to transfer click Save All.
- A new Retail Transfer document will be created in the pending state. Transfer of product will NOT have occurred until you Complete the Retail Transfer.
- Submit the document for Approval; Admin staff with the correct role can then Complete the transfer.
Editing an existing Retail Transfer
If you have not completed a Retail Transfer, you can edit it.
- Click on the retail transfer you wish to edit.
- Click Edit.
- Modify your retail transfer as required.
- Click Save All to apply your changes.
Tips and Tricks
- only tax codes set as Inbound Transfer Tax will be available to apply to line items. This can be configured on the Manage Taxes page under Setup → Taxes.
- When a Tap Room Transfer is created, a bill is generated (in QuickBooks) to record the cost of buying back the products on the Transfer document, and a Sales Order is generated to record the sale to your Taproom.