How to assign permissions to your employees within Brew Ninja
- Navigate to the Setup → Users page.
- Click on the blue identification card in the same row as the employee whose permissions you wish to adjust. The card will say Roles when you hover over it.
A user's primary role is responsible for both assigning default permissions to a user and determining what shows up on their dashboard.
An overview of these primary roles are shown in the table below:
|Primary Role||Permission Overview||Dashboard Overview|
Grants permission to configure business partners, manage equipment, and approve and submit purchase orders, retail sales, and sales orders.
The dashboard includes quick links to sales reports and daily sales activity.
It also includes quick links to accounting tasks: managing sales orders, retail sales, rentals, and deliveries.
Grants permission to configure business partners, make deliveries, and create purchase orders, retail sales, and sales orders.
By default, these users cannot approve sales orders or purchase orders.
The dashboard includes a quick list of pending deliveries, as well as quick links to sales tasks: viewing sales orders, product inventory, deliveries, rentals, and equipment.
Grants permission to create retail sales.
The dashboard includes a summary of beer on tap and quick links to retail tasks: creating retail sales, viewing retail sales, and viewing product inventory.
Grants permissions needed for configuring and using Brew Ninja's production features.
The dashboard includes a summary of current events on the brewing schedule as well as quick links to production tasks: managing tanks, product, and material inventory, recipes, and equipment.
Grants permissions to access inventory, perform deliveries and return rental equipment.
The dashboard includes a quick list of pending deliveries, as well as quick links to delivery tasks: viewing deliveries, sales orders, rentals, and equipment.
Grants permissions to access (but not modify) materials, recipes, tank contents and the brewing schedule.
The dashboard includes a summary of current events on the brewing schedule as well as quick links to viewing recipes and the brewing schedule.
|Limited Sales Person||
Grants permission to configure business partners and create both sales orders and deliveries.
|The dashboard includes a quick list of pending deliveries, as well as quick links to sales tasks: viewing sales orders, product inventory, deliveries, rentals, and equipment.|
Configuring User Roles
Required Role: Setup Access → Administration → User Roles
- Select the user's primary role within the Quick Setup section and then click Set default permissions for this role.
- This action is typically only required when setting up a new user.
- Fine-tune the user's permissions by toggling the checkboxes within the Setup Access, Production Access, Transactions Access, Reports Access and Restrictions sections.
- A detailed explanation of all of the available permissions can be found here.
- Click the Save Access button at the bottom of the page to save your changes.
- You can also click Cancel to revert your changes.
Tips & Tricks
- You can click on a header (such as Business Partners) to quickly enable or disable all related permissions.
- Roles can always be added, removed or adjusted at a later date.
- Roles cannot be modified for the Brew Ninja Support user.