Learn how to assign packaging to a composite SKU
You have the Setup Access -> Product SKUs -> Modify role.
Composites are single SKUs which combine multiple SKUs. Composites will be held in inventory as one SKU for the entire composite.
Packaging into a 'Composite' SKU type is a little different to packaging into a 'Packaged' SKU type.
- To package into a composite SKU go to Setup -> Product SKUs.
- If the SKU has not yet been created, click 'Add'. If the SKU already exists, but packaging materials need to be edited, click the 'Edit' icon to the right of the product name.
- A pop-up will appear, here you can enter your product details. Click here for details.
- Once you select the 'Composite' product type new tabs will appear along the top of the pop-up.
- Navigate to the 'Packaging' tab.
- You can now begin to add your packaging materials.
** It is important to note that you do not need to include the packaging used for each individual SKU here; this is already accounted for. The only packaging you need to include here, is anything beyond the packaging for your individual SKUs, this could include a tray, 4 pack rings, etc.
- Once you have entered your packaging details, continue through the rest of the tabs in the pop-up window.
- After all necessary information has been entered, click 'Update'. Your product SKU is now set up, and packaged.