Configure how Brew Ninja and QuickBooks handle rental deposit charges for keg rentals.
- A QuickBooks connection has been made with Brew Ninja.
- Familiarity with QuickBooks accounts and service items.
- Setup→Connections→Configure(QuickBooks). Then, click the Rentals tab.
Create a Rental Deposit Charge Item in QuickBooks
A rental deposit charge item must first be created in QuickBooks if you have not already done so.
- Create an account with Category Type of Other Current Liabilities and with Detail Type Rents in trust - Liability.
- Name the account Equipment Rental Deposits.
- Create a Service Item with the name Equipment Rental Deposit.
- Set the income account to be the Equipment Rental Deposits account created.
- Make sure to set a tax. Generally this is the exempt Exempt tax code.
Using a Rental Deposit Charge Item from QuickBooks
- Select the rental charge deposit item (created in the previous step) from the dropdown list.
- Click Save All.