How to import into BrewNinja using Beer Smith/Brewers Friend Beer XML file.
An user account have access to modify
To Import a Recipe
- Select "Import" on the recipe page.
- Click "Select File" and upload the appropriate XML file.
- Once uploaded, the recipe information will fill in.
- If you need to change unit type, ( metric or imperial) you can do so with the unit toggle at the top, or selecting the appropriate units for each material line item (Recipe Unit).
|Category||Select the appropriate category for the new material|
Name of material in the recipe file
|BrewNinja Material||Shows the existing material already in the system or creates a new Material|
|Quantity||Quantity of the ingredient to be imported|
|Recipe Unit||Unit of measure used in the recipe|
|Material Unit||Unit of measure used for the material|
|Unit Import||Selected to import unit of measures|
Tips and Tricks
- When importing recipes, unknown materials will be created which means you can save a step by not setting up those materials manually
- During the import, be sure to double-check the BrewNinja Material column for any duplicates. If there is a misspelling or an extra space in the name, BrewNinja will regard them as different materials.
- Note that the BeerXML protocol dictates a single set of units, so this is the reason for the units not matching how it may appear in Beer Smith or whatever tool they use.
- You can still edit any recipes after it's been imported just head to the recipe edit page